Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A little nervous today

So, its after the Christmas/New Year break and I'm back to the grind. Ohhh how I wished that I would lose about 20lbs by now. I'm going in to see the dietian today and i'm a bit nervous about it. She asked me to write down everything I ate in the last two weeks since I saw her last. Well, that didn't happen. With all the hussle and bussle of the holidays I never kept track. Even if I tried the amount of food consumed in the last two weeks was absolutely ridiculous. There were attempts not to over eat but I found myself eating mostly at home because of boredom. With all the baking and cooking I did there was no way I would have lost those 20lbs I promised myself I would lose. I didn't even go to the gym!! Which made me feel slugish and made me stay at home and eat even more.... what a vicious cycle.

On the other hand, my sister Lucy also signed up for the gym and she's usually a great motivator.
I'm going to call her as soon as I'm done writing this blog. I spoke to my internet friend of over 10 years on the weekend. He's going through with the same procedure and he's also had the gastric band done about 6 years ago but wasn't that successful. I opened up to my cousin Dora in Cyprus as well- she's a bit nervous for me but she's been struggling with her weight since she was little as well. If anyone gets me its her. She had the gastric band done but was unsuccessful as it left her with infections and more problems than what she started with.

Its the beginning of the New Year and of course my new years resolution (as it is every year) is to lose weight. This is year - its going to happen!! This is my year and I'm going to take it by the horns and run with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment