Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Am I really ready for this?

So, last week I saw the dietian. We discussed my eating habits and of course.... it wasn't good. She suggested I start eating what I'll only be allowed after the surgery and on the regular diet. Of course I agreed and told her i'm completely ready for this. I told her my mind was made up and I can definetly do this... well I quit smoking to do the surgery why couldn't I control my eating habit? She also requested that I log everything I eat.

The first day of my so called "diet" went like this:
Breakfast: No breakfast just a quick coffee.
Lunch: Pepper Shrimp with Vegetable fried rice (deep fried battered shirmp for those of you that don't know)
Dinner: Went to see a Leaf game with a friend so we grabbed a bite to eat --- buffalo chicken strip wrap with french fries and two iced teas.
I felt completely guilty

On Friday I felt pumped up in the morning and said "no way forget it... I gotta do this!"
Breakfast: Another quick coffee
Lunch: Chicken Shwarma wrap with a Vitamin water
*so far so good*
Dinner: Friday nights are Girls night and all my girlfriends hang out and I was hosting this night:
I made and ate not one, not two, not three, or four probably 5-6 servings of:
Garlic infused bread with a melted cheese brie that had jam and nuts and jalapeno peppers
battered shrimp, chicken fingers, pizza pockets, wings, crackers, cheeses and sliced meats - i did go healthy by including turkey however I didn't eat it. Oh and even though I said I would never touch pop again... I secretly had a glass of coke (which made me feel completely guilty)
By the way, I did go to the bakery that day to pick up the bread and managed to munch on 2 croissants and a handful of cookies I ended up giving the rest of the bag to my nephew.

Saturday... Ugh Saturday... I had the leftovers from last night because I didn't toss them into the garbage.
So for breakfast it was the chicken fingers and shrimp along with the plum sauce... lets not forget the sauce!
Lunch was two sandwiches toasted with cheese and salami and some lettuce (got my vegetable in there)
Dinner: the rest of the crackers with the cheese ball. I sat in front of the tv eating away (unintentionally)

Now by Sunday I felt guilty.... oh boy did I ever. I was trying to think of a plan of how I was going to write this all up to present to the dietian in two weeks because of course I didn't have such a great start. The wheels in my head began to turn...and my devlish conscious was saying "make it up girl" but the good in me kept saying "be honest! you're only cheating yourself" hence me writing this blog and confessing my sins :(

I really don't remember what I had on Sunday :-s I forgot to write it down.
But Monday went like this: Big bowl of apple jacks cereal with milk for lunch, bean salad with bruschetta for dinner and because I baked cookies and desserts for work's pot luck I had about 2-3 cookies and a piece of carrot cake for taste.

Today I feel that I did ok. Its not exactly what I would want to have eaten but "c'est la vie".
Breakfast was coffee again and then a hot chocolate
Lunch consisted of 2 slices of pizza, some small potatoes, a piece of chicken, 7 olives, 2 gherkins, 1 frutopia, a spoonful of rice and 2 samosas. Even though I could have eaten more and there was plenty more food I stopped myself. I give myself a pat on the back for that one. Plus I feel uncomfortable going up for food like that infront of coworkers cause I'm always worried about what they will say or think.

At dinner, I went over to my parents and had a couple of scoops of rice and lots of bean salad from the night before. I make this great salad with parsley, onions and mixed beans with oil and vinegar and some salt to taste. I also had 1 1/2 baked potatoes and a piece of cypriot cheese called halloumi.
Again, even though this is not ideally what I would eat on a "diet", I don't feel as guilty because I know it could have been a lot worse. Another thing that made me happy was I finally joined the gym!! Yay!!
My sister Ang joined with me and I'm hoping her and I can create a schedule to go. The goal is to lose about 60lbs before her wedding in July. The gym is an all women's gym and is right in loblaws. How convenient!! I bought my healthy lunch for tomorrow already and made her one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment